"Hi, Rob. Sound's like a cool project. So when's the deadline to submit a picture? I don't have time atm but i would gladly send you one in the next 24 hours.
Also can the end-product be seen on somewhere except the…"
"Missed intubations is an issue of education, adequate training and experience or exposure in the field. Failed intubations and unrecognized esophageal intubations has nothing to do with the prehospital setting or paramedicine in…"
Hi folks,A colleague of mine by the name of Paul Carson is putting together a video of paramedics, EMTs from around the world. He is looking for pics of individual EMS providers, preferably in uniform, and holding up a piece of paper with large letters that saysI AM A PARAMEDIC or I AM ANEMTOrI AM A PARAMEDIC RESEARCHEREtcThese pics needd to be fairly close up so that viewers can see the signs and they are needed ASAP. So if you can get someone to take a pic of you, please send it to me (in…See More
"Yes and no. A good clinician should be able to make the distinction between cardiac asthma and brochospasm from a cause that's amenable bronchodilators in most cases, based on the patient's history of presenting illness, past medical…"
"My perception is that most educators in the U.S. are frustrated that EMT is the entry to practice level. I'm an educator and paramedic from Ontario, Canada and it's funny because I was frustrated for years that our minumum entry to…"
"I hope my American colleagues will forgive me for this but EMT is far too substandard a level for entry to practice on an ambulance in my view - great for med students to become EMTs and see the EMS world...but what are they seeing? Only a partial…"
"I was skeptital about the rationale for the demotion when I read the first article. After reading the second I see no connection between the error and the patient's deteriorated mental status. I've read some of the other comments here…"
The ProMed Network reaches more than 300,000 viewers each month with a lineup of 40 programs. Popular shows like the MedicCast, EMS Garage and EMS EduCast broadcast from conferences like EMS Today and EMS World Expo. See you there!
"We don't transmit our 12 Leads but we do have to call the cardiac interventionalist to give a report and describe the ECG. I love consulting with the interventionals and would have no objection to transmitting the 12 lead either. There…"
I was a first time EMS Today attendee, although I've been to numerous aeromedical conferences in the U.S. in the past. I found it informative and most of the speakers, especially Dr Joe Ornato, were excellent. Like…"
"PVCs are often NOT due to cardiac ischemia and therefore I would not recommed O2 for just any PVCs. Oxygen is indicated for patients with signs of hypoxia/ischemia.
Having said that, I agree with the concept of O2 therapy for some patient with an…"
- Professor of paramedicine in the Primary and Advanced Care Paramedic Programs at Georgian College
- continue to work as an advanced care paramedic
- have taught Primary, Advanced and Critical Care Paramedic Programs
- began career in 1984 after graduating from Centennial College
- worked in Ontario and British Columbia in both land and air ambulance systems
- Between 1987 and 1997, worked aboard the Air Ambulance helicopter, "Bandage One", based in Toronto - trained as a Critical Care Flight Paramedic
- featured in a nine part Discovery Channel series called “Flight Path: Bandage One” now playing on the History Channel (Canada)
- recipient of the Governor General of Canada EMS Exemplary Service Medal
- three time recipient of the Ontario Paramedic Association Exemplary Service Award
- 2009 recipient of the Ontario "Teaching Innovation and Technology" award
- speaker at conferences across Canada and internationally
- published in the New England Journal of Medicine, Resuscitation
- author of The Canadian Paramedic: An Introduction (Canadian supplement to Mosby’s Paramedic Textbook).
- interested in alternative and complimentary methods of education delivery - e.g. Podcasting, Webcasting, blogs, wikis, nings
I came across your recorded classes and was excited to find you teaching Paramedic's online in Canada. I have developed an online paramedic program based out of Massachusetts that has an international component.
I would be interested speaking with you about our respective programs.
Paramedic Program Coordinator