NBC has a new drama starting Monday, September 28th at 9/8c. To see a preview go to www.nbc.com/trauma. It looks like it might be a good show. So check it out.

Views: 213

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

awwww come on Duncan.......big afro and white tunick, along with bell bottoms..
No Fro for me. Hair down my back, sure. Maurice had the Fro and wore plaid bell bottoms and two inch platforms and the Fu Manchu 'stash. I couldn't grow a 'stash back then. Heclk, I barely shaved. I was one year outa high school. I wore combat boots from the Army-Navy store and plain black slacks....and shades.

V-fibber said:
awwww come on Duncan.......big afro and white tunick, along with bell bottoms..
Join Leading EMS Podcasters for Commentary and a Post-Premiere Call-in Show on Monday September 28

Join leading EMS Podcasters Jamie Davis, Chris Montera, Greg Friese and others in watching and discussing the premiere of the new NBC show Trauma. Browse to EMSGarage.com/live or http://mediccastlive.com at 9 p.m. EDT/ 8p.m. CST on Monday September 28, 2009 for live conversation and commentary. Trauma, the dramatic new show about paramedics in San Francisco promises to be an action packed exploration of the profession and the stresses it places on relationships.

During the premiere, using the online platform TalkShoe or Ustream.tv for video Jamie, Chris, Greg and other podcasters and EMS bloggers will be discussing the action, plot, and EMS technique of the show and its cast. Listeners will be able to text chat with one another and the hosts as the premiere unfolds.

After the show Jamie Davis, an RN, paramedic, and host of the MedicCast (http://mediccast.com) – the highest ranked EMS podcast – will take calls from listeners. Jamie Davis is watching the premiere of trauma because “I am looking for a program that will portray the real issues in EMS while inspiring a new generation to join the profession as previous shows like Emergency inspired me to become a paramedic.”

Greg Friese, a paramedic and co-host of the EMSEduCast podcast (http://emseducast.com) reports, “I want Trauma to be authentic and respectful of EMS. Like many EMS professionals I am excited and skeptical about Trauma’s potential. I am excited to watch and discuss Trauma with an international audience.”

Chris Montera, a paramedic chief and host of the EMS Garage podcast (http://emsgarage.com) shares, “EMS professionals would love for Trauma to succeed and draw attention to the work we do, but if it is a miserable failure we have no problem calling it DOA!”

Sponsorship opportunities for the Trauma premiere party are available to companies and vendors that want to reach EMS professionals using social media. Sponsorship includes in-show special mentions and links from the podcast show notes. Contact Jamie Davis, podmedic@mac.com or call 443-309-2090 for details on this unique and limited opportunity.
Sheesh!! Another EMS drama. We live it, we know the ins and outs. Personally, I don't think I'll watch it. They need to come up with a show that shows the REAL side of EMS.
Seriously? how can yo ask that? I am in EMS...of course i am morbidly going to watch this obvoius trainwrek of an abomination. why? if you have to ask then you really don't understand why we do what we do. I can't look away. if all is right inthe universe...and i have to believe it is....it will run it's course & hit the imovable object with the required amount of force and as Kinematics has taught us...die a violent and gorry deat. but yes...i am gong to watch....if for no other reason than to see how many faux pas per hour they can can fit in!
In Australia we have a new show called Rescue Special Ops, Its over the top to and all cheese. like all shows in the ems drama stable.

yet the shows are attempting to show EMS work to the public, they jazz it up for ratings and high drama.
the upside is the public gets some awarness of what hapens in a shadow world, a private world that is hidden and ignored. good stories , bad stories, technque's approched well or pure fantacy tricks.
these shows are not targeted at ems personel but the public.
saying that, the more exposure, the profession the more amunition for better pay and conditions globaly. get the public to see what ems dose and they will value what you do.
It worked for life savers and life guards on our beaches running shows like, Bondi Rescue and that was pure cheese. The resulting fallout was, The bondi lifegaurds have more respect than ambos due to that show.
go figure

personaly I wont watch these shows just out of curiosity on the odd occasion, but I'm glad some one takes an interest in what we do.
The more public awarness the easer to get those purse string untied.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Follow JEMS