EXCELLENT Opportunity for a HIGH-LEVEL, highly visible PROGRAM MANAGER position at the Dept of Homeland Security's Center for Domestic Preparedness @ Fort McClellan, Alabama:
(see email below)
Barbara Deal, SPHR has sent you a message.
Subject: Program Manager at Center for Domestic Preparedness
Thank you very much for responding to my In-mail. I will be very grateful for any assistance you can give me by sharing this information with other EM Professionals. It is very important to us to find a great leader to fill this position where there are 250 employees plus another 250 consultants working with a very important mission. A former high level first responder such as a Fire Chief, [EMS Chief] or Chief of Police with successful program management experience and some Emergency Response / Preparedness training background would be a great candidate.
If someone wants to learn more about this position, they can contact me, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or they can go to the SAIC career site and after selecting Anniston AL as the location, type in Program Manager as the key word, or they can use the REQ ID: 172403.
Thank you again!
|Job Category||PMG - Project / Program Management|
|Able to obtain security clearance?||Secret|
|Currently possess security clearance?||None|
|Requirements||SAIC has an exciting leadership opportunity for a Program Manager
supporting the FEMA’s Center for Domestic Preparedness (CDP). The
Program Manager will lead the SAIC efforts supporting the nation’s
number one educational training organization within the U.S. Department
of Homeland Security. The CDP is the nation’s premier all-hazards (with
focus on CBRNE threats) training center for emergency responders,
providing training to over 100,000 professionals nationwide annually.
The Program Manager will lead a multi-million dollar training and training development program for the CDP that enhances the capabilities
of emergency responders, emergency management personnel, and government
officials responding to incidents involving weapons of mass destruction
and other hazardous materials.
- Provide leadership and oversight with overall responsibility for program execution to include curriculum development, instructional
design, quality and financial management.
- Lead and provide direction and mentoring to personnel performing complex tasks including managers as direct reports who are controlling key sub-projects that integrate to satisfy program deliverables for an organization of over 500 professionals nationwide, approximately 180 of
whom are on-site in Anniston AL.
- Act as the primary customer interface with financial responsibility including profit & loss.
- Oversee subject matter experts who train first responders. Example of the training courses include: Hands on Training for CBRNE Incidents, Law Enforcement Protective Measures for CBRNE Incidents, an Instructor Training Certification course, Command and Response for All-Hazards, and Pandemic Planning and Preparedness.
- This position is located in Anniston, Alabama.
- 10+ years of demonstrated project experience as described above including over 5 years of relevant Program Management experience.
Experience in Law Enforcement, [EMS], Fire Service, or Emergency Management is preferred.
- Expertise as the strategy leader in program management who serves as a credible subject matter expert in the industry.
- Possess functional knowledge of federal response planning, e.g., the National Incident Management System (NIMS) and National Response Framework.
- Ability and experience in planning, organizing, directing, executing, monitoring, and controlling technical, cost, schedule, and risk for complex programs.
- Experience leading an organization with the ability to assess performance of project managers, task leaders and support personnel, and processes and tools.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively interface with customer, managers and a wide range of personnel.
- Ability to coordinate and manage large number of internal and external management interfaces reflecting both dispersed locations and levels of authority.
-. Plans, implements and maintains project organization structure, and selects and recruits team members.
- Must be able to travel in support of position requirements (approximately 10%)
- Due to Federal Contract Regulations, U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field is required, an advanced degree is strongly preferred. PMP® or other professional project/program management certification desired.
EMPLOYMENT CONTINGENCY: Must submit to and obtain final suitability by successful completion of background check, financial institutions/credit bureau check, and disclosure under the Freedom of
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy and the environment, critical infrastructure, and health. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®