Is there any program about EMS for nurses to become a EMS member?

I'm searching EMS scholarship program in abroad.Please help me to beome a EMS member.That's my dream for the future.

Views: 187

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I guess I am not sure exactly what you are asking about, the answer to your question would depend on what you mean by abroad. In the United States, generally the route to enter the EMS profession begins by taking an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) class, which is a basic life support program that lasts for about 3-6 months. Your question implies that you are a nurse. If you are a Registered Nurse, licensed in the US, and go through the entry level EMT class and aquire some other short weekend classes in cardiac care, pediatric care and trauma, I believe Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska still offers a RN to Paramedic bridge program, which takes about a month full time. You would then be eligble to take the National Registry exam as a Paramedic (advanced life support provider). This is the only specific program I know of.

Hello Mr Warren E. Shaulis ,

Thanks a lot for your advice . I got RN licensed from Myanmar. I live in Mandalay, Myanmar. I'm working now in Public Hospital in Ministry of Health in Myanmar. I got only BLS training for Ambulance Crew for 27 th South East Asia Game . I would like to get training of Paramedic or EMT from your country or other Europe countries. I don't know how can I get this chance. I have never been to your country.

With regard,


Reply to Discussion


Follow JEMS

Share This Page Now
Add Friends

JEMS Connect is the social and professional network for emergency medical services, EMS, paramedics, EMT, rescue squad, BLS, ALS and more.

© 2014   Created by JEMS Web Chief.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service