Forum Discussions (1,749)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

DOA

I have recently become more aware of the Dead On Arrival aspect because my Rescue Squad responded to a DOA where someone shot himself and k…

Started by Cory Andrews in General EMS Discussions

16 Apr 7, 2009
Reply by Alan Fijalkowski

How should we honor 9/11 heroes?

Up for debate in the state of Colorado is a bill that would declare Sept. 11 as Patriot Day, making it an optional state holiday that state…

Started by Jennifer Berry in The Heavy Stuff

47 Apr 7, 2009
Reply by demerick

Shamoo

Our region, recently gave each of our services an item called the " Shamoo ". It is a bariatric ( for lack of a better word ) " tarp" with…

Started by Samantha in General EMS Discussions

15 Apr 6, 2009
Reply by hisero13

EZ IO LD (Obese Needle)

We have been using the EZ IO for a couple of years now. We just recently purchased the Obese needles for the EZ IO. We are trying to develo…

Started by Scott Sigerfoos in General EMS Discussions

1 Apr 6, 2009
Reply by BostonMedic109

What's your favorite medical Video site?

Every One Tells Us about his fovorite medical site I can begin this is great medical video site for Basic Skills/First Aid /Emergency Video…

Started by Mohamed in General EMS Discussions

0 Apr 6, 2009

Multiple Victims Shot, Hostages Taken in Binghamton, NY

By WILLIAM KATES Associated Press Writer BINGHAMTON, N.Y. (AP) -- A gunman opened fire on a room where immigrants were taking a citizenshi…

Started by JEMS Web Chief in General EMS Discussions

4 Apr 5, 2009
Reply by The Cannulator

Young doctors learn bad habits from TV medical dramas

Tom Blackwell, National Post Published: Monday, March 23, 2009 When physicians at an Alberta hospital asked why so many medical students a…

Started by David E. Courter in General EMS Discussions

5 Apr 3, 2009
Reply by Jennifer

AMR Job Process - Skills Test?

Greetings. First time poster here. My name is Dave, and I live in the SF Bay Area. I recently took the EMT-B course, passed the NREMT and h…

Started by David Karpman in General EMS Discussions

1 Apr 2, 2009
Reply by Ben

To report or not to report

Just recently I was receiving report from the shift that had worked the night before mine and the off going shift shared a call with me tha…

Started by kristen in General EMS Discussions

37 Apr 1, 2009
Reply by JEMS Web Chief

Public Health and EMS

Public Health and Emergency Medical Services, how can we bring them together? By: Taurean Summers As many of our older generation have see…

Started by Taurean Summers in The Heavy Stuff

3 Apr 1, 2009
Reply by Taurean Summers

RSS

Follow JEMS