Forum Discussions (1,747)

Featured Discussions

TALK ABOUT A SPLITTING HEADACHE?!?

This is an actual skull x-ray (lateral view) from a patient I saw last summer. The plain-film shows a 5 inch knife driven into the back of…

Started by Raymond J Small, MD, MPH in General EMS DiscussionsLatest Reply

Consistency Counts: The Impact of Mechanical CPR

JEMS Webcast with Memphis Fire Department EMS Medical Director Joe Holley, MD, describes the background and results of implementing mechan…

Started by JEMS Web Team in General EMS DiscussionsLatest Reply

FBI Active Shooter Data - Need EMS in Hot Zone?

FBI Releases Active Shooter DataDetails offered from hope to help state, local emergency responders The number of shootings in which a gun…

Started by JEMS Web Team in General EMS DiscussionsLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Poor Training Attitudes in EMS

I am an EMS educator and find it extremely frustrating how EMS providers do not take training seriously. I recently held a Narcan class whe…

Started by David Spafford in General EMS Discussions

4 yesterday
Reply by John Watts

Consistency Counts: The Impact of Mechanical CPR

JEMS Webcast with Memphis Fire Department EMS Medical Director Joe Holley, MD, describes the background and results of implementing mechan…

Started by JEMS Web Team in General EMS Discussions

1 on Friday
Reply by Bob Diehn

TALK ABOUT A SPLITTING HEADACHE?!?

This is an actual skull x-ray (lateral view) from a patient I saw last summer. The plain-film shows a 5 inch knife driven into the back of…

Started by Raymond J Small, MD, MPH in General EMS Discussions

0 on Thursday

FBI Active Shooter Data - Need EMS in Hot Zone?

FBI Releases Active Shooter DataDetails offered from hope to help state, local emergency responders The number of shootings in which a gun…

0 Sep 25

MCI Management - What Lessons Can You Share

MCI Management Has Evolved Since 9/11   “Despite the numerous references to how this event has changed our lives, there are still some res…

Started by JEMS Web Team in Major Incidents and Preparedness

0 Sep 22

The Pros and Cons of Simulation Integration

In our September 2014 issue a supplement, sponsored by Laerdal Medical, provides you with three articles on integrating simulation into yo…

Started by JEMS Web Team in Training & Education

0 Sep 18

What are methods and places to sell and/or donate equipment?

Hi ...  I am new to Jems Connect and I was led here via a Google search on used EMS equipment.   Now that I have joined, I can't seem to fi…

Started by Jim Tolbert in General EMS Discussions

0 Sep 16

Considering an online Paramedic to RN bridge - info please!

I am a NREMT-P currently and I am considering taking an online bridge to RN.  What are the best programs and what are some of your experien…

Started by Derek Hogan in Training & Education

22 Aug 31
Reply by Terri Roller

Ride-Alongs and Liability

The Omaha, COPS shooting incident is raising some attention to the subject of ride-alongs, "COPS TV Technician Killed During Robbery Invest…

0 Aug 28

What if Ferguson Were YOUR Area?

How would your department operate during nights of protest and violence? Police scramble in all directions as they take gunfire Monday, Aug…

0 Aug 19

RSS

Follow JEMS