General EMS Discussions (1,466)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Medical Equipment Expiration

For medical equipment and supplies without expiration dates, does anyone have a policy or standard for how long to retain them before disca…

Started by Mark Billmire

2 Jul 18, 2013
Reply by Mark Billmire

Working in Virginia

Just wanted to know if anybody has any experience working in SE Virginia (Near Hampton, VA Beach, etc...) I am thinking of relocating there…

Started by Justin P

0 Jul 17, 2013

How important is patient satisfaction?

In the U.S., we're striving to limit time patients spend in hospitals, especially limiting readmissions for the same illnesses/calls. To do…

Started by Jennifer Berry

4 Jul 15, 2013
Reply by Jennifer Berry

Improving workplace morale

Improving morale in the workplace can be a daunting task for any manager. It has been shown that staff empowerment is one of t…

Started by Scott A. Lancaster

0 Jul 15, 2013

What is a Transformational Leader?

It’s Monday morning at 6AM and you have just waked up from a peaceful nights sleep. Suddenly and without warning,…

0 Jul 15, 2013

What is a leader?

I posted this elsewhere, interested about others thoughts. What is a leader?             Is it someone with a job title, or does that sim…

0 Jul 15, 2013

Helmets Inside Ground Ambulances

Our service is about to undertake an information gathering project for wearing helmets inside our ground ambulances. We wear them inside ou…

Started by Bill Eyford

127 Jul 15, 2013
Reply by Ben Waller

Government-Run vs. Private EMS

Is it easier to improve healthcare in a system managed by a national government, like the "socialized" medicine in England, instead of the…

Started by Jennifer Berry

4 Jul 14, 2013
Reply by Skip Kirkwood

Maritime Medicine with no OMD

Greetings everyone. I am looking for some advice on the topic. I was recently hired on to a Department of Defense contracted company's med…

Started by Troy Curry

3 Jun 15, 2013
Reply by Christoph Schroth

Georgia EMTs and Patient Killed in Crash

OCILLA, Ga. (AP) — An ambulance with its lights and sirens on collided Thursday with a semitrailer on a Georgia highway, killing the two me…

Started by JEMS Web Team

0 Jun 6, 2013

RSS

Follow JEMS