General EMS Discussions (1,476)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Vehicle Checks and Consequences

Start Your Ambulance Checks with the Essentials Ambulance checks are essential. So start them by routinely checking your essential equipmen…

Started by JEMS Web Team

0 Aug 17, 2013

Your Participation is Requested

Jefferson College of Health Sciences, Emergency Services Program, seeks men and women ages 18 and above who are certified paramedics for a…

Started by Elliot Carhart

0 Aug 16, 2013

State vs National Certification for Employment

I am finishing a Paramedic program in the next few months and will be testing out for National Registry soon. I am looking to relocate as s…

Started by Charlene Roaquin

3 Aug 14, 2013
Reply by Warren E. Shaulis

Looking for Agency policy - Do not carry cardiac monitor inside (leave in truck)

I'm looking for services that have a policy of leaving the cardiac monitor inside the truck on calls. I'm willing to do leg work (IE contac…

Started by Thrawn

14 Aug 11, 2013
Reply by Brooks Walsh

Is Hospital-based EMS a "Better" Way To Go?

I know this topic spurs a lot of defensive posturing and tallywhacker measuring but let's look at it with fresh eyes for a moment. First,…

Started by Chris Turner

45 Aug 11, 2013
Reply by Warren E. Shaulis

Lifepack compared to all other monitors. Why are they so widely used?

I recently moved to a new state and the agency I work for uses Lifepack 15s.  In the past I have used Zolls, Lifepack 12s, and Philips moni…

Started by Nathan Stanaway

5 Aug 9, 2013
Reply by Nathan Stanaway

Freezers for Ambulances

I have a friend who is working to get his service outfitted with freezers, for keeping chilled saline on the trucks.  The budget he has bee…

Started by Nathan Stanaway

2 Aug 6, 2013
Reply by R. MacDonald III

Scared Medicine

A slow day at home rarely leads to productivity but I have been thinking and would like some opinions on a subject.  Do you feel that your…

Started by Michael Henry

1 Aug 6, 2013
Reply by Scott A. Lancaster

Meak Breaks

How does your organization/agency handle meal beaks?  Do you get a uninterrupted break? Are you paid for breaks or docked?

Started by Richard Nettles

1 Jul 29, 2013
Reply by Autumn Nelson

Anyone with information regarding switching from 24 hour shifts to twelves?

Hi everyone I work for a hosptital based service contracted with a county to run 911. Additionally we handle inter facility transfers from…

Started by Kyle Czarnecki

2 Jul 28, 2013
Reply by Skip Kirkwood

RSS

Follow JEMS