General EMS Discussions (1,476)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

From the EMS Blog "Street Watch": Prehospital Therapeutic Hypothermia- Suspended

This past week our Regional Medical Advisory Committee voted unanimously to suspend our prehospital therapeutic hypothermia guidelines in l…

Started by JEMS Web Team

0 Jan 23

Body Armor Purchase - Have you made one?

New York EMS Crews Now Wearing Body Armor Community Emergency Corps personnel don new protective equipment. BALLSTON SPA, New York (WNYT NB…

Started by JEMS Web Team

8 Jan 19
Reply by Paula Miller

Going to EMSToday 2014?

How will be going to EMS Today this year? What workshops do you plan to take? What information do you plan to take back to your departmen…

Started by JEMS Web Team

0 Jan 9

Paris EMS

I will be taking a trip to France (Lyon and Paris) Jan 1 - 12. I would love to be able to visit an EMS in one of those areas. I am the dire…

Started by Lee Brown

0 Dec 23, 2013

One Voice for EMS?

Like Fire, EMS has many various national organizations, but which one should be the main body to represent the majority?   Why do you belie…

Started by JEMS Web Team

2 Dec 11, 2013
Reply by Dani Mihelson

Workplace Violence Prevention For Emergency Services Personnel

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: CONTACT: Captain Steve Stevenson / EMTLourdes EMS / Lourdes Health System 1-609-735-2955-Phone1-609-332-4594-Cell1-6…

Started by EMS Crisis Intervention Team

0 Nov 20, 2013

EMT/Paramedic Assaults

I read the statistics from the Bureau of Labor Statistics about EMT assaulted more on the job then police officer. 2 out of 1000 Police Of…

Started by EMS Crisis Intervention Team

2 Nov 20, 2013
Reply by EMS Crisis Intervention Team

December 2014 case of the month....

I always enjoy reading the case of the month and frequently use it in the classroom for patient assessment, etc. When I was reading this mo…

Started by Chuck Moore

2 Nov 20, 2013
Reply by Chuck Moore

Injury Prevention Program research assistance

I am conducting research for a NFA EFO project on injury prevention and am looking for information from others on their efforts via sur…

Started by Ryland Kendrick

2 Nov 17, 2013
Reply by Ryland Kendrick

EMS Chaplains - Who Uses Them?

EMS Chaplains Provide Spiritual Support for Providers & StaffAlthough affiliated with faith-based groups, chaplains are expected to giv…

Started by JEMS Web Team

1 Nov 3, 2013
Reply by Paula Miller

RSS

Follow JEMS